Wednesday, February 29, 2012

PSA

Ladies and gentlemen, there has been a debate started between Daddy G and I about whether or not I am funny. I think I'm funny, but then again, I'm pretty shameless like that. I float my own humor boat, and so I think it's funny. Daddy G, who just found out that there are some things  I do that are outside of his knowledge (yes, shocking), has never read my other blogs and informed me that this blog was distinctly unfunny. Thank you, thank you very much. I think this comes down to a difference in what a person finds funny. For example, I get a ginormous kick out of awful British comedy. Think Monty Python. Daddy G swears this type of humor is just not funny.

 I just want to state for the record that I am not trying (and failing) to be funny in this blog. I find that there is way to much information to pass along to be funny. Plus my family reads (or so they tell me) this blog. Therefore, I have to edit the offensiveness and some of the resulting humor out of it.

I think when one writes for a known audience (i.e. family, friends) that person can either isolate certain groups or tone it down a bit. For all of my shamelessness, I chose to take it down a notch with this blog. Isolating certain groups is rather idiotic because this blog was created to connect with people I care about. So...selling out? Perhaps to a degree, but then again, that's life. It probably won't be all that funny, although I may let some creep in some time. You can always go read my other blogs if you want funny.

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment