Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The One in Which I Go Stir Crazy


Listening to: Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven

Mood: So content little rainbows and unicorns may as well be shooting out of my backside.

So here’s the thing. I am super content being in India.  I absolutely love it. It has added depth to my life that I never thought I would find and I couldn’t be happier about it. The thing is, and you knew there would be one, I’m bored to pieces. Cue whining session…now. I’m BORED!!! I think the major cause of this, as I mentioned in my previous blog, is that we’re living out of 2 suitcases, most of which was taken up by clothes. We (as in the girls and I) don’t have transportation handy, and most importantly, I don’t have a cell phone as the husband commandeered it. Because you know, he NEEDS a phone. NEEDS. Apparently I don’t.  Hmm. That sounds a little bitter there. Let me clarify that it was more of an eye-roll thing. So no transportation, and no phone. The kids and I are making daily trips to the small store across the street just to get out of the house. We’ve been up and down the blocks in the neighborhood. It’s a beautiful one, but it’s a residential area so there isn’t much to explore. I have no idea where my days go. It’s absolutely mind numbing.

I’ve always been one that does better when she has physical work in front of her that needs to be done, even if it’s just a little every day. Since we’re living in pampering land (someone cooks and cleans for us every day), I find it challenging to find anything to do. I really don’t like trolling the internet all day or watching TV.  Hopefully we’ll get into an apartment soon. I could really use some boxes to unpack and some cooking to do. 

Whining done.

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment